November 19, 2014
Happy Holidays....2015 Preview!
Sorry for the recent hiatus in Branding Updates. Resource Trends wishes you and your family a joyful holiday season!
We have been making significant progress on the utility branding front. Look for these topics in 2015 Branding Updates:
- Appreciating the relationship between value, brands, standards, and being meaningfully transparent
- Elevating the use of standards in communications, investment proposals, and rate increases
- Differentiating between core (behavioral) values and the utility's business values (brand commitments)
- Using the "Policy Brief" format for making compelling arguments for investments or policy decisions
- Making it easier for people to quickly understand the utility's roles and value
- Using a "Branding Checklist" to keep communication materials and outreach events on track
- Adopting a brand focused, easy to read, and effective format for the utility's Strategic Plan
- Implementing ways to systematically build stronger relationships with the influential public
Also, we are planning another Utility Branding Network workshop early next year. More information soon!